Looking over the ten paintings, to the one above belongs, together with a. in B. the question arose what would happen when all of us entered into the picture?
Having applied Petra's mode of painting to this in the original approach, I next cut it down into 4 pieces to almost fit onto 4 inch x 6 inch [10 cm x 15cm] birch wood panels with a 7/8 inch [approx. 2 cm] depth. I pieced in the leftover strips to make use of the whole painting and not leave too much of the birch wood showing. The pieces were mounted on the panels using acrylic matte medium. Then I used artist's tape to mask off all the areas of the painting with the exception of the bright blue. These would be where Franzi entered in. I sealed the painting, the exposed areas as well as the artist taped areas with another layer of acrylic matte medium. I left everything to dry for a day. The next afternoon I took out a selection of Franzi's blues, some thinned acrylic gloss medium, some matte medium, water, painting utensils and the hair dryer. I began to paint into the exposed areas a la Franzi. The hair dryer gave a flash and a loud pop on the third layer of the first panel. I scavenged the working hairdryer from the bathroom upstairs and went back to work. I used an xacto knife to gently score the plasticized paint so that it would not pull off with the tape I'd used to mask the other areas. I rubbed the paint hard along the panel and the tapes edge with my finger in hopes it would adhere. The paint stuck, for the most part. Some of the painting underneath did pull up with the tape, but this can be worked with. I then sanded the panel edges and coated everything with another layer of matte medium. With a smaller brush I added additional glazes of a glossier blue to the Franzi areas. Before I work further here are the scans I made of each panel.
This one has no blue.